This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Challenge Accepted !!!

Howdy Comrades !!!

After our briefing this morning, Fahrul & I decided to pay an informal visit to our school, SMK La Salle which is situated not far from UM. 

The 'amazing' part was, our informal visit turned to be formal for the school admins. They were looking at us as if we committed serious crime and was about to send to the gallows (I'm not being dramatic, hahaha) and it all was because we were clad with jeans and t-shirts and the principal, before leaving us to the Senior Assistant for Evening Session told me that "First Impression is the Last Impression". I felt like pointing a revolver on my head as I finally made someone to degrade not me but my beloved University of Malaya but life have to be continued and bitter is not always poison.

Our day was made up a bit a the Senior Assistant of the Evening session, Miss Yap as she was nice to us and explained about our future journey and she even prepared our timetable by then. I am given a form 2 class and a "peralihan" class which means the class for those who did not do well in their primary 6 and Fahrul is given both form 2 classes. Miss Yap told us that the discipline of students in that school is "very, very, very, very.... how do we say it ah?" and at that time, the discipline master came by and he told us "oh, you have less period, so i guess you guys can handle the 'pengganas'(terrorist)... and i was like (in my mind) "Wowo ho sailor, you may want to hold your horses" (hahaha) and that answered the discipline issues I guess, anyway assumptions is no good.

Miss Yap interviewed us on our experience in Co-Curriculum activities and by split seconds we were given task to have some karaoke sessions, drama, public speaking and singing competition. It was a great task but we would be doing it after the final examinations and for now, we have to first build up our 'repo' and I'm already selecting my best attire for coming Monday and as Fahrul posted and what I think, its Challenge Accepted (credit to HIMYM series). Time will fly fast and what is in my mind and plate now is to give my best shot, be a bro to my bro Fahrul (It means help each other) and uphold UM.

ps: Thank you so much Dr.Adele, for me it was not briefing this morning but was a motivation session.

Good Luck Comrades !!!!!

Malik Syam (Harimau MalayaBorneo is my blog name, hihi)




2 comments:

  1. Hear Hear! I dont think they are 'pengganas' at all, just without sufficient language to use in the classroom therefore, possibly frustrated. Im glad you have calmed your nerves...and can write this way about your first 'lasting' impression of the school. hehe Glad also that you visited the school. Now you are pretty much aware of the level of proficiency of your students. Build rapport, yes. Good luck and Im thoroughly happy that you found the briefing helpful to you. Break 2 legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pengganas? 0_0 wohooo.. Good Luck ya..!

    ReplyDelete