This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Friday 31 August 2012

stressful days before practical

My partner Ashilla and I were still searching for a house near by our school, SMK (P) TAMAN PETALING. But we were not lucky enough because we could not find any until 30th august which makes me feel so frustrated. I really don't know what else i should do. After the briefing we went to several places to look for rental but we couldn't get. the next day we decided to go to the school first and meet our mentor. we reached there around 10.30am and the school compound looked so empty and silent. we were thinking whether its a holiday or not. We went in to the office and after a few minutes our mentor came in. we greeted her and she welcomed us with a smile. The school is actually having their celebration of the Independence Day. She brought us to the staff room and explained what we need to do, on how to write a record book, the dress code and so on. Both of us will be teaching respectively Form 2 and Form 4 students. We have to wait until Monday to get the timetable of the classes that we are going to handle. The thing is, the four classes have different teachers and we will be observed by them as well. hmm.. Whatever it is, I should just follow the track and listen to them. Hopefully I will be able to do it. The meeting was only about 20minutes and we decided to go back as our mentor said that we should come on Monday and report our selves to the principal. The worst part is, when I went out from the office, there were so many Indian students which I really did not expect at all. Hmm I think I should be more calm looking into this group. Anyway, its all in the game. Let us treasure this moments with positive mind. Thank to God finally, we managed to find a room near by the area.
I hope that i can handle both classes well as I have heard that the students are quite good. Hmm chaiyoo... we can do it..
To all my friends, I hope that we all can do our best for this practical. All the best to all of you and for me as well. Take care all and hope we can achieve our targets.

1 comment: