This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Saturday 1 September 2012

Beating of the heart

As posted by Athirah before, we were posted to SMK Bukit Bandaraya, Bangsar. As soon as I got to know the place, I went to have a first glimpse of the place with my family so that I can think the best way to get there from home. So, I have to take the first or second lrt from home which starts at 6am so that I can arrive at lrt Bangsar around 6.30am.

As we went to the school to meet the school principal, we had to wait as they were having their Independence Day celebration. Then, we were greeted by the principal. After having some briefing with her, we were being shown around the whole school before ended up to have our own table at the staff room so that we can know the teachers better. We were brought to meet the Senior Assistant. I am assigned to take Form one and Form two classes. I am assigned to teach the weakest form 2 class. It is a big challenge for me.Besides that, I am assigned to teach a form one class which has now applied the new PBS syllabus where they do not have to sit for any exam. Another big challenge for me. Our school mentor was on leave for two days. Another new challenge as I do not have any idea on how the syllabus is, what needed to be done. I do not know what I need to expect. Honestly, I am quite emotionally and mentally unprepared as I'm afraid that I can't handle the class especially the form two class.

I kept thinking about it day and night. I was thinking on how to tackle the students as I was reminded that the class are not proficient and they are noisy. I think I need to start searching about techniques to handle them. If anyone of you who have any idea on how to deal with them, please do inform me. I could only hope for the moment that I can do whatever that I need to do .

1 comment:

  1. Gud Luck dear... maybe Zara Inaya can open a mobile boutique too.....hihihi

    ReplyDelete