This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Sunday 2 September 2012

endurance


Assalam and hello everybody.

First up, what was in my mind? Simply put, I've had mixed feelings. Just before I started my journey to KL on the 28th, I was involved in an accident, thank God Im all good but I was in a trauma. I hit someone’s car at the back and so I took the responsibility to bore all the repairing cost. I was already excited plus anxious about the teaching practice, now that the accident happened, it was more to depressing feelings. I didn’t tell my parents at first, afraid they might be more worried as I was on my way back to KL and first time driving on my own (usually I buy a bus ticket). the worst part of all, it happened on my birthday. Therefore, it was an extremely distressed day ever! However, I thank God for being able to arrive safely in KL. Anyhow, it's so ancient news now, let's move on to our current updates/focus and pray that no other bad things will take place in our lives.

Welcome to the 4th year seniors.!! we've gone this far, let's persevere and get things done brilliantly. Moving on to Teaching Practice related, a day after the briefing I paid a visit and met the senior assistant, teachers and my mentor. I didn’t hv much expectations at that time, I was simply ready to face anything, be it good or bad. I was nervous but then the teachers are all very nice and helpful by giving my friends and I a little tour around the school and a short briefing. I do hope that everybody including the students will be as nice as the other members of the school whom Ive met. The biggest challenge will be; teaching the Form 4 as they are the 2nd oldest group of students. What if they are too good? What if the classroom management will be an issue? The questions can go on and on.

To face the new ‘abode’, I will follow the school’s rhythm and try adjusting myself so that I’ll be comfortable. Strategies? None in particular yet. But currently Im revising the lesson plans that Ive done last semester, be mentally prepared, will get to know the students and prepare lesson plans that will suit their needs. Not forgetting, I'll be sure to share and exchange ideas with my dearest friends. I'm positive my other dear classmates will do pretty much the same.

p/s: good luck dear friends.! Let us embrace the new spirit. All of us wish to grad with flying colours.

love,
aleya

2 comments: