This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Saturday 29 September 2012

Keep on Changing!

*erk*
i'm late!!!
it has been 4th week already!!!!

well, so far so good..my time table at the school had been "Keep on Changing" *lol*
it has been quite hectic..
on Monday I'll be teaching in the evening session.
Tuesday and Wednesday both session.
Thursday and Friday I'll be teaching in the morning session.

how did this happen?
at first, I had to teach two form 2 class which are 2K & 2H (both in evening session)
on the second week, Pn. Cristina (a  morning session English teacher) took a leave for 2 months.
So, Syam and I had been rescheduled.
I had to drop one of my form 2 class (2K) and take 4K (morning session) in exchange and that is how I got the mix timetable.
latest, both of us had been given another class, 3O. This class is taking PMR next week.
*mind blown*
but then, I think we managed to handle the changes.

So far, the school had been having some programmes ;
Climbathon (climbing Bukit Gasing while carrying Jalur Gemilang)
Marching competition.
GERKO Day (Co-Curriculum Award Day)
and we had been enjoying all of it.

Problems?

For the 4K class, I had problems in meeting the expectation from their previous teacher but that could not stop me! I had a lot of fun with this class. We had a lot of discussion, exchanging ideas and also games. I also asked them, what do they think they had problems in? Essay! For them, 350 words are too long and they had problems in generating ideas and constructing sentences. I guess they are having problems in drawing their mind-map and YES! they do! So, I tried to teach them on how to draw an effective mind-map. So far they had been showing a very good progress but still, I think they can do better and maybe there are some other way to fix this. So guys, please...help me with this.

For the 2H class, I had problems in controlling this class. This is a very active class. All of the students love to talk, move around and again, talking. I am having quite a bad time handling this class. After times of analyzing and spectating this class, I'm getting to get grasp of their 'beat'. I change the problem into opportunity. I am actually lucky for having this class. They will definitely answer my questions and expressing their opinions. Since they are very active so I made them move around. We had games, role playing, dramas and also singing. I have plans in taking them outside of the class so that this class can have a bigger space but I need to plan  it carefully so that it wouldn't be out of control.

My supervisor, Prof. Fatimah is coming next week. I still have some few tricks up on my sleeves. Hopefully my plan will work.

For my friends out there, hang on....We can do this! Just a little bit more. Show them our love, our passion and we are here to help them. What will we get? You guys will know it later ;)

with love,
FAHRUL

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I heard about the schedule! Headaches! But I like your take on the 'active' students: 'I change the problem into opportunity'. I like this very much. If more students think this way, life will be much better for us all at unis and schools. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete