This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Third Week Already...

Time flies. It is already the third week of your teaching practice. When I read through your first posts, I could gather that you were nervous, trying to be prepared, could not not imagine how your students would be and whether you would enjoy teaching and adjust to the school culture. Let's see how you've faired so far. I hope you have all submitted your schedules to your supervisor and are ready to be visited by her. If not, please do so asap. In your next entry in this blog, tell us problems in teaching that you are facing at school and some of the strategies you are trying in the classroom to solve these problems. Describe the situation in class and tell us if problems are solved. And then, scroll to others' posts and read through. Try your best to comment on your friends' post. You can give suggestions, provide reading resources, motivate your friends...etc. We look forward to reading your posts! Hang in there!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalammualaikum, madam Adele. It seems that I couldn't post/publish stories in this blog. Its already 3 weeks and I have so much to tell. Kindly re-invite me please,, =(
    This is my gmail address zulaikhazulkifli72@gmail.com

    Thank you and sorry for the inconveniences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2nd reflection

    After 3 weeks of my teaching practice in SMK T.T.D.I. I had submitted the schedules to my supervisor and he already observed us once. I am teaching two Form 1 classes and the level of these two classes are very low proficiency. Some of them cannot even speak a complete sentence.

    During these three weeks, I feel class management is very important for the low proficiency class. As the two classes I have, each class has one boy sleeping during the class; some of the boys were fighting with each other, I was supervised that when one boy was bullying his friends and he was placated his friend by touching his head and tried to find something inside his hair after he cried. (Like the monkey mum always find the louse for her baby - -!!); many of the students just walk around during class if they want to go somewhere and talk with their friends; all in all, they are so sosososo naughty!

    I told the situation to the school English teacher who is the discipline teacher as well. He went to the class and scolded them (in Bahasa Malay) and told me if any of them naughty just report their names to him. After that, the whole class was so quiet and everyone followed my instruction; they finished their work so fast and were very active in class. If the same situation happened before, there will be no one answering my questions. The problem is that they don’t want to learn, they are so lazy to think, to speak.

    Now, if any of them talk, sleep or walk around in the classroom I will point out their name and ask them to pay attention. I like them because they are listening to me; form 1 is still easy to control.

    ReplyDelete