This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Let's Get Real.

Hi fellow readers!

I apologise that this post came off late, I was overwhelmed to read your insights of the reflections. Let me just share with you what I was expecting for my teaching practical. I found out that I am supposed to teach SMK Taman Sea a day before we all met in Arif. Right after knowing that, I Googled the school. It amazed me that the school website and Facebook are frequently updated by one of the teachers named Mdm Yip. The post for the day was about Gangnam Style. I could somewhat predict that the school community is quite cool and open minded.

When Dr Adele briefed us about the teaching practice, I was sure I was not the only one feeling all excited and nervous at the same time. Various expectations played on my mind, I had to push away all negative thoughts to make me feel more confident about myself. There is no use to dwell on negative thoughts, they make me feel inferior than ever. I am glad that the school has a remarkable reputation and all seem pretty great. I was praying that everything would go smoothly.

I spoke to Mdm Faridah, the PK 1 of the school, she told me I would be teaching Form Four students together with Ong Rou Jin during the morning session. I also requested to go to the school for a pre visit  but she said it was unnecessary as the school admin would brief everything on the first day of teaching practice. I had to admit I feel envious of my friends who went to visit their schools because they already knew what to expect and prepare. As for preparation, I only scribbled through the Form Four textbook and read some of the literature texts. My colleagues and I also drove to the school to see how long would it take for us to get there. Basically, that was all the preparation I made.

I was excited to start my first day in SMK Taman Sea. And I believe the excitement shall continue.

Regards,
Awatif Ghapar.

1 comment:

  1. "There is no use to dwell on negative thoughts, they make me feel inferior than ever"

    Good.

    ReplyDelete