This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Friday 21 September 2012

Teacher and Microphone..


Honestly, I already give up on my first week of teaching. However, the school counselor was my life saver. She does open up my eyes and make me realized that everything does not comes as we wish for. Thank You Cikgu Ayu.. =D

I was assigned to teach Form One and Form Two.
Allow me to introduce my students.. =)

1A3: At first, I really had hard time to tackle them. Their teacher told me that they are really passive. They won’t respond to any question or movement..HAHA.. But their English was really good.. Sometimes I can feel that their English are better than mine... *face palms* But as usual, first impression is not always the best. I managed to grab their attention in the second class. They really love to work in group. They will finish their homework in time, submit their work and put effort in every activity that I conduct in the class. In the second week, all of us had been comfortable with each other. And, unexpectedly, they had shown their true colour. They become talkative and really active in class. For me, it was a good changes. =)

2A2: There are 43 students in this class. The environment of this class is really suffocating. There is no space for me to walk around the class. The student’s table is really close with each other. You can find the last student is sitting really near with the wall. Because of that, it’s hard for me to have a look on the student’s work. However, I love this class. They are eager to learn something new in every lesson. Most of the students are really active, cheerful and friendly as well. They really love to laugh. Sometimes I don’t understand the real reason that makes they so happy..They always make me wonder…HAHA.. ^_^

2B2: There is one group of boy that is really naughty and noisy. They like to speak in mandarin with me. Sometimes I just pretend that I understand what they are talking about. But sometimes I can’t avoid myself from asking them what does it means. HUHU.. But those boys are nice; they respect me and like to make fun of each other. They are so funny. =D All the girls in this class are sweet.. They like to smile and respond to every question that I ask.. One thing about them, they always ask me to write on the blackboard..NO! My handwriting is terrible.. But they still love it.. So sweet of them.. <3

2B6: My worst class ever.. HAISHH..! =.= The biggest problem that I faced in this class is that they really hate group work.. They refuse to do any activity in class. I had tried to do one activity in class, but FAIL..! First, I’m having difficulties to divide them into group. “Teacher, I don’t want..! I don’t want..! I don’t want..”  Second, they don’t want to cooperate with their group members.. They waste their time doing their own work. Even though they had been assigned to discuss in group, but none of them put effort in it. I feel so disappointed with them. Beside that, they don’t want to learn at all. They always said that there is no use in learning Moral in class. They can use their own logic thinking to answer the exam question.

Since Allah has gave me such a soft voice, so it is quite hard for me to control the class. They always ask me to talk louder.  Sometimes, my student’s voice is louder than me..HUHU.. The solution for my problem is…, I’m using microphone in class..HIHI.. xp


Best regards,

Muniroh Mansor (^^,)

7 comments:

  1. Good try, Muni. Using microphone is one of the best solution for your problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe....testing! testing! (inside our room)

      Delete
  2. there you go Muni.. that is how you do it.. in my school, one of the chinese teacher is using mic as well because she's soft spoken just like you my dear.. it is not odd but it shows what you got.. all the best my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you athirah...all the best to you too...microphone is my life saver..hehehe...

      Delete
  3. did it work now? Do they want to get involved in group work? Perhaps the tasks weren't suitable or attractive enough for them? Have u tried asking why they hate group work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they prefer to write and memorize note rather than work in a group..huhuhu..i will try to persuade them..or else the class will be so boring..teacher-centered..huurmm..

      Delete
  4. Knowing you for quite a long time, I always know that you're very concerned about your voice. Glad that you've found a very effective way to overcome your problem, Munie! There's nothing to be ashamed of by having a soft voice. Don't worry too much & always be confident, then everything will turn out right . Anyway, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete