This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Sunday 2 September 2012

Buckle Up!!

Hi guys!

I am very nervous. Yes! I can not lie about it. It's not like I never teach students before but this is like a real classroom with real students in their uniforms! Even petty things like that can be a mind blowing thought, right? O.o

By the way, Malik Syam and I will be going to SMK La Salle, a boys school, for this Teaching Practice. I've got a lot of stories about this school since it is my cousin's previous school. Back at the old days, this was a very good school with a very high reputation but then, it is now being said as the 'black sheep' in this Petaling district. (=,=") This is really demotivating me!

But as we went to the school after the meeting on last Wednesday, it is actually not a very bad school. In the first meting with the GPK Petang, she had already gave a brief explanation on how the school works. This gave me a clearer vision on the school system. According to her, the most important thing before a teacher wanted to teach a class is how to tackle the students. So, I believe that is my biggest challenge which I need to think how to catch the students attention in the classroom.

The first class is the 'key' where I should show my confidence, attitude and rules. So, I will start strong and be comfortable with the class. Not forget to mention that in this first week, I should already memorize all the students' names so that I can easily conduct the class. This will not only show that I am comfortable with the class but also help me to encourage the class to participate in the lesson.

A lot of things need to be done but still the nervous feeling that I had before had turned to excitement! So, boys, buckle up! Here comes Mr. Fahrul!

p/s: Thanks Dr. Adele for the last meeting. It really helped us a lot.  To Malik Syam, I will be your bro to! To all, let's ace this one!! =D


1 comment:

  1. "The first class is the 'key' where I should show my confidence, attitude and rules. So, I will start strong and be comfortable with the class. Not forget to mention that in this first week, I should already memorize all the students' names so that I can easily conduct the class. This will not only show that I am comfortable with the class but also help me to encourage the class to participate in the lesson."

    Good. Ace this!

    ReplyDelete