This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Monday 3 September 2012

Stern !!!

Howdy Comrades !!!

My first day at La Salle went well and my mentors were awesome and very helpful. Pn.Sasee is so motherly even though she is the discipline teacher (reminds me of my mum) & Pn.Gengga happened to be from my mum's hometown and her uncle is my neighbour. (Her family knows my mum's family & my late grandad was her uncle's teacher and her father was my mother's teacher and my mum was her sister's tuition teacher, what I can say is, indeed the world is small.)

They both told me, "you have to be stern or else they will step you" and this statement is repeated by the PK HEM (Student Affairs), PK Petang, the first teacher I met, the second teacher I met, the third, the fourth.... so, I have to follow their flow but that is for the Peralihan Class. On the other hand is the 2O class which is a slow moving class will be needing some games approach lessons and I guess I can deal that matter. The PK HEM, Mr.Lee told us that he did not belief in the American way (psychological treatment) as it did not work. He also said that the students parents only know how to make them but don't know how to take care.

I was given to relief 2U class and I tell you, its like driving in Kuala Lumpur city (hahahah). The Principal, Pn.Chong came into the class and introduced me as a teacher from UM and the students were like "Wow, UM" (hihihi) and she told them that I will be talking about UM (she was motivating them). I started in the class by introducing UM and what I saw was the students in that class were very much inclined into sports as they were asking about the sport facilities in UM and I made them to think that UM is an Olympic Arena. I told them to study well to get into UM. There was this one boy who made the most noise and disturbing others and as it was the last period, so I told the class to make sure he keeps quiet and yes they did... (hahahaha).

My mentor was wondering why we came at the end of the term, as nothing much left to be taught and most probably the final exams will be conducted in mid October and no formal studies will take place after that (smiling up to my ear in my heart), I said, I will just follow the flow of the school. Now, what is in my mind is that will my supervisor accept my method of being stern in the classroom ???

Gud Luck Comrades !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment