This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Bittersweet


SMK Bukit Bandaraya, Bangsar.

Hello, all my fellow friends. After we had our practicum briefing on the 29th August, the first thing comes to my mind is nervous. Because I have no idea what kind of students I should face to in the following 3 months. Furthermore, I am the foreigner to be a pre-service teacher. Can they understand me when I am speaking in English? Or if they speak to Bahasa Melayu all the time what can I do? Can they understand my accent? What should I suppose do? Can I handle and control the class? I am feeling nervous, afraid, scared and worried. On the other side, I am excited; I want to go to school to see how we can teach in a real situation. What is the difference between china? However, I tell myself, I must go through it, I can do it. There is no option and choice. I must accept it and stay positive and fight with this 3 months battle. I believe the more prepared I am, the better it'll be.

I was informed that I was posted at SMK Bukit Bandaraya, Bangsar. After the meeting, Eza and Athriah guided me and Sophie about the way going to school. On the next day, we decided to go to the school to adjust the situation there. First of all, when we entered to school, there is one teacher seems like she did not warmly welcome us. She is cold and serious. My heart is beating so quickly, frightened. Later on, we knew that she is nice and friendly; she is the discipline teacher in the school, which is the way she was. Hehehe.. 

We waited for a while, because they had their independence day to celebrate. We met the principal, Pn. Nooraini and have a talk with her. She was so nice. She gave us some suggestions when we will do our teaching later. For example, she suggested us that we should be firm, but don’t be too strict. We can be friendly, but don’t let them to step over and bully. We as pre-service teachers should pay attention to students. 

Then, Pn. Noorain asked one of the teachers to show us the location of each classroom. The teacher spoke in BM, I appreciate Eza and Athriah, they try their best to help us, and they even translate from BM to BI for us. In addition, the school announcement and meeting was conducted in BM. Eza and Athriah always tell us how to do, what is the meeting about. Thank you, girls...We appreciate everything which you have done for us. 

Later on, we were arranged our own place in the staff room. While we were waiting for the Administration Senior Assistant, Pn. Siti Sarimah to give us time schedule. After that, I was assigned to teach Form 2 Cekal and Form 4 Maju. I was told that these two classes are the best classes in their school. And these two classes have the best potential to teach and learn. Their proficient in English is very good. OMG, definitely it is making me too nervous and frightened. Fortunately, our mentor Miss Ranee, she is very nice and friendly, she told me that these two classes are very good. She suggested me to take easy, relax, and be confident. She told me that I will love and enjoy these two classes in the upcoming 3 months.

Anyway, I try my best to do everything than I can do in this following 3 months. I believe the more preparations I have planed, the more confident I have.
To all my fellow friends: I wish you all the best!

1 comment:

  1. That's right. The more you plan, the more prepared you are, the less nervous you get, the more in control you will be.

    ReplyDelete