This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Sunday 14 October 2012

35 Days Later... :)

SMK (L) Bukit Bintang. I never realized that it has been over a month Syazwan and I have been teaching in this school. However, the end is not near as our mentor, Pn Sithira has been giving us heads up on School-based Assessments and Final Exams of our school after the PMR examinations. phew!

Alhamdulillah, my observations from both the lecturer and mentor has been conducted. I can say I tried my best and still, there is a lot of room for me to improve my lessons. I take it as a challenge as I always give my 100% commitment to the boys, even though they might be easily lose focus and always love to play instead of study, I don't give up and tried to cater all of their education needs. 

In my opinion, my 1st class is more proficient and active students. They respond swiftly and always giving out opinions and trying out answering my questions. However, my 2nd class is the last class of  Form 1. They have very low proficiency as they do not know even simple, basic words. So, I tried to split the class by putting them to sit with different race. It works as they now are more focus towards the teacher instead of their own activity. Speaking of activity, I given out them more simpler tasks compared to the 1st class, and giving out translations in BM of every word I said and asked them to repeat after me. The similar task that I given both class is I always introduce the 'Word of the Day' for every lesson to enrich their vocabulary.

Sorry for the late post as I only just got connected. All the best folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment