This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Saturday 13 October 2012

Spread my wings and FLY...It's been 4 weeks and I'm still FLYING~


Week 1 (3/9/2012 - 7/9/2012)

During my first week at SMK TTDI, I had a lot of fun getting to know all the teachers. Not ALL actually. Some of the teachers are very approachable and noticed us (Hanisah and me) as the so-called "Practical Teachers". So our first week started off with the usual Monday assembly and all the teachers were settled down at the stage, somewhat like a "pondok/wakaf" if I may say so. Felt nervous and excited at the same time, we were told by Puan Aishah (Penolong Kanan) that we will be introduced by the Headmistress to the whole school. WHAT??? Ok..Keep Smiling (Should we wave like a Queen, grin like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in the wonderland, or sit still?). Moving on, the assembly started with the Malaysian national anthem, followed by the Wilayah Persekutuan anthem, recitation of "Rukun Negara" or the National Principles, "Ikrar Pelajar" Students' Pledge, and the recitation of school's mission and vision. "And now ladies and gentlemen you may be sitted". NOT QUITE YET!!  There's still a prayer/ Doa' to be recited. Amin Ya Rabb.. The assembly then goes on with speeches from teachers on-duty for the week, announcement, and from the Headmistress herself; and yes she introduced us to the whole school. Glad that went well! Throughout the first week at school, we searched and explored the school ground, getting to know my students, and the FOOD yes! Hehehe Oh yeah! The first week itself we had a replacement class on Saturday. But instead of going straight to class on the Saturday morning, our school had organized an aerobic session for all teachers and students that morning. We had a fun week for starters. Here a some of the fun moments we had.


Week 2  (10/9/2012 - 14/9/2012)

Second week already and it feels good. Very looking forward for a whole new week ^_^ . Lesson plan (check!), Record book (check!), Attendance book (check!). Okay, I forgot to tell you guys that I'm taking over a  class. The former class teacher is on maternal leave as well as the other teachers. So, that added me one more class to take care of, 2 Einstein. Nothing special on the second week of practical, just finishing up the Form 2 syllabus before their final examination started. Overall, my classes are under controlled, and they're on the way to be tamed. Hehe on Thursday (13/9/2012) we had a double celebration at school; "Closing Ceremony of Independence Day & Hari Raya Aidilfitri Celebration". At the event, we hosted numbers of selected guests consists of District's Officers, Taman Tun's Head of Police, Head of Fire Brigade, and even artist. Throughout the event, we were entertained by students' performances, and the 'unexpected' act from the "Pasukan Bina Badan PDRM" (RMP Body-Building Team) lead by Mr. Sazali Samad, the famous Malaysian body-building athlete. The audiences enjoyed the performance especially the lady teachers! The event soon ended with a Hari Raya feast at the canteen and the food was MARVELOUS!! Just like any other Hari Raya openhouse. Since the event finished off early, the History teachers had the students settled down by playing them a movie on patriotism (Embun, Paloh, and Leftenan Adnan) in which to instill the patriotic spirit in them. Really enjoyed the day, and yeahhh!! NO CLASS on Friday!



Week 3 (17/9/2012 - 21/9/2012)

First of all.. yeah!! NO CLASS ON MONDAY!! All Malaysian are celebrating "Malaysia/National Day" on that day. So, I spent the whole 3 days at home relaxing. Third week already and I felt excited to teach. The next day itself, Tuesday the students learned about Modal verbs and I had them explained about the verbs and gave out few examples and worksheets to work on. Overall, this week is about finishing the syllabus and  revision time since they'll be having end-of-the-year examination (final examination) next week. An as for the Form 3 students, its been a tough month of doing revision and practice on answering trial papers for PMR. Well, they should prepared themselves with such practices. Who knows what questions would come out later on..right? The lesson goes on as usual on Wednesday, and on Thursday I had my FIRST OBSERVATION. At school I received an official visit from my Supervisor, Dr. Pradip Kumar, and I had my class at the Media Room (Bilik Tayangan). While waiting for my students, I had the LCD and the Projector turned on, teaching aids and laptop  ready on the table, and I'M READY. Tick Tock! Tick Tock! My students haven't arrived yet. I'm started to feel uneasy, wondering where my students at. Few minutes later one of my student came and told me that other teacher had kept them settled in the classroom. So I followed my student to their classroom and informed the teacher that I'm having an observation. Later on, my students were all settled down in Bilik Tayangan, and class has began! Throughout the lesson, my students were quiet as a mouse. They responded well like they always did, but just a bit of shy unlike usual. Maybe because Dr. PK was there with me. ^_^ Thanks and pray to Allah that everything went well for the day. To end the week, again we had a replacement class on Saturday. Yeah! Haha (Sarcastic)

Week 4   (24/9/2012 - 28/9/2012)

What can I say... EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM !!
All the best students!! =)) For all Form 3 students, we still have lots of things to catch up ya! Let's get to business. It looks like I won't be teaching the Form 2 students since they'll be having examination for the whole week. But I still have to attend the class as an invigilator. I have my eyes on you people! Other than that, yeah!! 1 MONTH ALREADY!! Will be looking forward for the next update.

Good luck fellow Maties!! ^_^ Missing you guys always!
*Ps: Sorry for the late update..Been having difficulties lately*

No comments:

Post a Comment