This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Saturday 20 October 2012

3rd reflection:


  Time flies fast, I cannot believe I am already in week 7. My supervisor and mentor finished observation by last week.

   During these weeks I already build a good relationship with my cute students. Of course I cannot stop some of them hate me, the reason is simple, I scold them more than three times during my class that they were misbehaving or being naughty. On the other hand, overall we all have done our job well, I am glad that most of my students are cooperative in the class well except few naughty boys. 

   The problem I mentioned in my 2nd reflection is class management, I have to admit that this problem has not been solved yet, even when I scold them or point at their name, it is useless now. I think they are used to the way I scold them which I think they will behave well. It only can sustain 5 minutes, after that they still talk with their friends and sometimes walk around inside class. If I ask them where they are going they will answer that they need throw the rubbish at back, but on the way they walk there they will use every chance to talk with their friends and laughing. So, I came up with a new solution, which I think will work a little bit longer. If I see who is talking, I ask that person come in front and stand there, the only way you can go back to your sit is you should watch the class see who is talking, then you ask that person come in front to replace you. If we are having a new lesson in class then this way shouldn’t be used because it only can be used during relief class or writing class.

   From my teaching strategy, I chose to use more visual aids and game activities to catch their attention, indeed, it works well and they are all involved and love to play the activities. For example, I give them some words from easy to hard and then ask them to divide themself into groups; each group will take a turn to describe the words use body language that one person need to guess the words from their partner’s movement.

  All in all, students are making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment