This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Monday 15 October 2012

Another Week Goes by and I'm Still Counting the Days.

Week 5 (1/10/2012 - 5/10/2012)

Happy October fellow Teachers!! How are you? =) Wow..Week 5 already and I hope all of you are still up to the challenge. As for me, I'm still hanging on along with my partners in SMK TTDI adapting to our new life in school. As usual, we had ourselves ready top-to-toe physically and mentally in order to meet the teachers and fulfilling the students' needs. What do you expect? It's MONDAY BLUES! Anyway, the class went on as usual for the Form 3 classes (3 Rhazes/3 Curie) getting ready for their big exam (PMR!!). I had them read the revision book and answering History questions from other district and state. On the other hand, the Form 2 students are still having their final exam until Tuesday. So nothing much to say  for these couple of days until the examination were over. The following days on Wednesday and Thursday, I brought my Form 2 students to the library and we did some 'Leisure Reading'. I know how much they were stressed about their exam, so I had them learning and relaxing at the same time. Some of them read books while others played indoor games (chess, checkers, scrabble,etc). Before the class ends, I asked a few students to talk about the book they've read and the moral values the find in the story. Through this activity I find that the students enjoyed learning outside the classroom; they were very excited to learn something new as long as they are not in their classroom. They tend to get busy wondering about to get their books, talk to their friends, play games, etc. What can I say, my students are active in many ways. As long as they are under controlled, I'm okay with it.

Week 6  (8/10/2012 - 12/10/2012)



New week, new day, and a new experience to be gained by everyone. Hello everyone! Week 6 and we still have 4 weeks to go! Monday is the last preparation for all Form 3 students as they will be having their big PMR exam the next day. I remember when I had my first PMR exam, and the only person who wouldn't sit still was MY MOTHER. She would prepare everything for me; stationery, clean school uniform and shoes, making sure that I had all the important documents ready (ID card, exam slip). I LOVE YOU MAMA! By the way, last week Nurul Hanisah was assigned to prepare an 'Isolation Room'  in case there will be any medical cases that needs proper attention particularly during PMR.  The class needs to be cleaned, properly check the chairs and tables; make sure it doesn't wobble about. It was in a terrible mess!! I felt pity for Nuruh Hanisah, so I decided to help her around. We even had a few students to help us carry the unused table and chairs to the other room, which save us a lot of time to do other things as well. Moving on to the next day of the week, Tuesday I had my second observation by Dr. Pradip Kumar (Supervisor) and Madam Thien (Nurul's Mentor). Unfortunately, my Mentor (Datin Hazlin) is not available for the day because she went for a meeting. Luckily, Madam Thien volunteered to come and observe me instead. Oh ya, Nurul Hanisah was with me in my class. So I had THREE OBSERVERS at a time. ^_^ Not much to tell, I guess like everyone else there are rooms to improve and overall I had a great time teaching. Yeah!! No class tomorrow! My form 2 class (2 Hazen) won't be coming to school on Thursday since they're on leave. Even so, Nurul Hanisah and I had to complete our assignment, which is preparing the tentative booklet for tomorrow's Graduation Day (Form 5 and Form 6) *sigh*

Really looking forward to meet Week 7 and all the best to all SMK TTDI PMR candidates!!
Have  great weekend friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment