This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Monday 15 October 2012

Will U Stay at This School? O.o

Hi all!
miss you guys so much..just can't wait to get back to faculty like old days..
I'm willing to go to classes rather than conducting one..hahaha

anyway, last 2 weeks, Prof. Fatimah, our supervisor, had already came to the school for our first observation.
Her comments?
Well, she said i have the qualities of being a very good teacher it is just that i am not showing more of it.
She said I should bring more fun and fresh activities to the class. Maybe I was too nervous about her being in the class. =P By the way, she said, I'm already there (being a teacher). I only need to be a part of the school and a part of the class to feel the excitement.

Apart from that, yes... I managed to overcome my problems. the form 4 class could now write better essays and able to manage their elaboration under each main points (inside the mind-map). After having a heart-to-heart talk with them, I've gain more respect from them and I managed to know more about their worries and problems.  I've already finished my lesson with this class as they are now having their final examination, starting from 9/10 - 31/10. Good luck boys!
For the form 2 class, I managed to use their spirit and energy during the lesson. I asked them to have an acting, role play and also song writing activity. One of the most creative lyrics that the students managed to write is about recycling, using the song "I'm Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO". This is how the lyrics goes,

When I walk in  the spot, this is what i see,
Everybody stops and they staring at me,
I got paper in my hand and I ain't afraid to show it
I recycle and I know it... ;)

Basically that is how my class so far. There are some students from other classes meet me during recess and asks for tips or guide in some areas that they might find to be difficult. Latest, the principal, Pn. Chong, asked me, "Later when you graduated, will you come back to this school?" O.o.
My answer? ;)

1 comment:

  1. We were in the same boat, Fahrul. Talking with your students is one of the best way to get to know/understand them better. Once they know that you're there to help them to improve or overcome the problems that they're having, they would be more cooperative and willing to listen to you. Good job, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete