This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

CONFIDENCE is the key

Hi again everyone...

This is the examination week for my school, Catholic High School. It's such a boring week as we teachers does not have anything to do except to invigilate the examinations, that's all. For some other teachers, they are all too busy with the administration work, key in all the PBS stuff and so on. Even we trainees have to help with all that too. It's okay with that. So, for the forth reflection...

The first insightful post that i could learn from is from Aby's post, where one of her post entitled 'There are always room for improvements". I totally agree with that. All of us are still in the learning process, besides, no one is perfect. Even my mentor in school every time reminds me that, we are always learning. She doesn't expect much from us as she understands our situation. She also added that, even though she have been teaching for quite some time, but she still learns something new every day and is still learning on ways to improve her teaching. I am really proud to have a mentor like her, Mdm. Ow Siew Har. As for me, i can feel that i am not a good presenter. I always feel very anxious when i have to stand and present in front of a crowd. But I kept all that to myself. I tried my best to look confident and breath in and out slowly as to control my nervousness. I am not sure whether it really works or not, but i managed to control myself in class. I am still not sure how i did it. Even Muniroh, my teaching partner told me that my character completely change when i'm with my students teaching in class. So, that answers everything i guess. The keyword here is CONFIDENCE. If we have the confidence, nothing is impossible to achieve. 

The second post is Eza'z post where she posted that she was assigned to teach the weakest class. She posted that the class was really troublesome as it was the weakest class. I'm sorry to hear that. As for me, i got the opposite of that. I got the best class for form 1. Can you imagine that? They are form 1. Even though it is the best class, but you have to see their true colors. They maybe excel in their studies but attitude wise, is really down. They will use all the dirty words in class even the words that you don't understand. Sometimes they will just ask question not because they don't understand, but only because they are trying to test your knowledge. So, once again the keyword here is CONFIDENCE. You must have the confidence to do anything, including controlling your class and facing any challenge that come across your path. I have gained my confidence from no where and i manage to get along with them. Once they feel that they can't challenge you, they will surely come down back to earth and that's it. You have conquered them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment