This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

I M A TEACHER!!!!

Second Reflection

First of all, i would like to ask sorry for all my late post at the blog. As a teacher in SMK Seri Hartamas, i must be very patient. When the school principal briefed all the trainee teachers, the first thing that she told us is 'I don't want anyone of you to punish the students, use harsh words on them and many more'. All these made me think whether can i go through the teaching practice for 10 weeks at this school or not because i am totally the opposite person with strict face and no smile. However, all the questions that appeared during the briefing have totally disappeared when i first entered the class. i was assigned to teach Form 4 for English and also for Moral.

The students was awesome because they all were very cooperative students and they really touched my heart when they all said 'no worries teacher and we will help you all the time'. I started to build up my confidence level as the time moves on. There was noting much to teach as the school teachers were about to complete the syllabus. I started teaching English for the Form 4 with unit 13 from the textbook. It was about Preserving Nature. I taught them on reading and few activities on vocabulary. I had double period with them and after finishing the activities on reading, i divided them into few groups for the next activity which will be on the next day.I assigned them to use their own group members, choose a wetland and discuss how they want to design a brochure. The students first hesitated when i told them that i going to divide them into few groups. But what i did was I let them choose their own group members. The moment i told that they were so happy and one of the student came nearer and told me that ' teacher, i really like you very much compare to other teachers'.. i told them that if you make a lot of noises, i will separate your members. they kept quiet for a moment and started making noise. they were very excited on the discussion how to design the brochure because i told them that i will provide gift for the most creative brochure and promised them that i will bring them out of classroom for the brochure designing activity. they were so happy to hear this and really worked hard to produce the best brochure. The next day, during English lesson I brought them out of class to the school hall. they sat in groups and start designing the brochure. The students were really awesome because they brought so many things such as guitar to make the presentation interesting. as i promised, i gave them the gift for everyone because all really worked hard to design the brochures. the teachers were really proud and my mentor told me 'WOW, you are so close to the students in just few days'. My mentor also said that she receive positive feedback from the students about me. I must be thanking with my students. I felt very easy to communicate with the students as they love talking and made my teaching easier. I don't face any major problems in teaching them as they were all grown up kids. I might be in trouble if i was assigned to form 2 because its very hard to control them. I feel pity for my lovely buddy Aby who is teaching from 2.

How you guys are doing?? i will post all the pictures later..tc

No comments:

Post a Comment