This blog was created for students teachers to reflect on their teaching experience at school and share this experience with one another. As each shares and collaborates on best practices, successes as well as mistakes in teaching ESL, it is hoped that student teachers will benefit from such collaborative reflections on this blog platform and continue to appreciate the use of such a platform for further collaborations even after Teaching Practice.

Monday 5 November 2012

Fahmi's Fourth

Hello peeps! We are reaching the end~ hehehe

so let's get to it alright

1st post that caught my mind is Shahrul's anxiety, to this exact point:-

The principal also mentioned that we, the trainee teachers, would not be formally introduced to the students during assembly on Monday so that we would be perceived as REAL, PERMANENT TEACHERS


it is very thoughtful of the school's administration to help out trainee teachers who have no prior experience and help to maintain the 'illusion' or 'image' that we build to manage our classroom. This however, will not happen in every school and we must be prepared, in every aspect to be teachers!
Even though I admit that this might help us, but still, nothing beats the hands-on learning given by the experience that most of us, or Syazwan and I have discovered through out our teaching practice at BBBSS.

'Experience is the best teacher' - Julius Caesar

2nd post that struck my eyes is Eza's 'troubling' classrooms. I feel very sorry for Eza as she was instructed to teach those classes. I gone through the same process here at BBBSS as I was assigned to the weakest class with only one of them is really good while others, only God knows their level. I know how you feel about this Eza.

There was one time where I'm already in the class but one of the student went to other class. I went to that class and called my student but when I go in front, he went to the back,when I go to the back,he goes to the front until I told him that if he keeps on doing that, he can just stand for the whole 80 minutes. Honestly, each of them have their own attitude which is very hard for me to tackle each of them.

But still, this post gives me hope and make me reflect that 'There are others who has suffered more severely than me'. As most of us give thoughts on our FB to Eza about our thoughts, I also gathered up all my wits and wisdom to cater my students' needs. Whilst giving them low level activities, I also enrich them with 'Word of the Day' for every classes with definitions and examples that caught their attention like cartoons and athletes. Similar to you, the teachers here also suggested to translate every word and I did that, plus ask all of them to repeat after me. It takes time but still, something, is better than nothing.


1st day and it was raining heavily, not so good...




one of my set inductions, asking students' opinion on pictures


1 Unggul in their exams...

As I read all the posts, I really feel that we have learnt a lot through out the teaching practice compared to what we taught to our students. I got a lot of my ideas from you guys and it did help me to be a better teacher.

Mediocre teacher tells,
Good teacher explains,
Superior teacher demonstrates,
Excellent teacher inspires

-   William Arthur Ward


and to end my post~


Mr Syazwan with a fellow teacher's cute son. teehee!


1 comment:

  1. I like that you used "Word of the Day" to enrich your students' vocabulary - good job! You're being very thoughtful towards your students which is very good & inspiring! Not only that you tried to help them to improve themselves as they are weak in English, but you managed to provide fun & interesting activities to capture their attention so that they would learn better. You're a wonderful teacher, Fahmi, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete